BELUGA 18 – SOLAS MARINE FIREFIGHTING BOAT AT A GLANCE
THE EVOLUTION OF FIRE BOATS
FEATURED IMAGES & VIDEOS
A SEARCH AND RESCUE BOAT DESIGNED TO SAVE LIVES
A HIGH-PERFORMANCE FIREFIGHTING BOAT
Designed and built by a passionate team of experts harnessing the latest advanced technology, Beluga 18 boats are well-known for their flexibility, operability, and reliability. They have truly answered the call for maritime emergencies in the Middle East region and have been garnering a reputation across many nations as one of the quickest and most efficient options for help at sea.
- A strong, superstructure with high durability and designed to carry heavy loads
- Limited hull structure and base, which offer top stability and manoeuvrability
- Functions as a pump station to support coastal firefighting operations
- Great at seakeeping: Capable of withstanding extremities of weather and challenging environments
- Designed to fit 2 stretchers and first aid equipment to medically assist the distressed sailors
- Diverse functionality with the possibility of transporting crew and large equipment owing to its large open deck space
The Beluga 18 is powered by twin 1600HP engines, two water jet configurations delivering top speeds of 35 knots. The firefighting system is designed with advanced control systems that operate 4 monitors and a pump interconnected to provide a total discharge rate of 1800m3/hr. The Beluga 18 is a low draft catamaran that enables an approach closer to shorelines and suppresses fires up to water depths of 4-8m.
- Application: Fire Fighting & Rescue
- Hull Type: Catamaran
- LOA: 17.91 Meter
- BOA: 6.91 Meter
- Draft: 1.03 Meter
- Engine: 2×1600 hp (Intermittent)
- Propulsion Type: 2x Water Jets
- Crew Capacity: 06 Nos
- Max. Speed: 35Kts
- Cruising Speed: 25Kts
- Fuel: 2×2100 Ltr.
- Foam: 2×2050 Ltr. Bio-Degradable ( Fluorine Free ) Foam
- Fire Monitor Water Throw : 120 M
- Classification: LR 100A1, SSC, Workboat, Catamaran, G3, MCH
- Certification: NFPA Class III – Fire Fighting
BOAT BUILDING YARDS
Solas Marine Services is a builder of composite vessels that operate shipyards in UAE & Sri Lanka.
SOLAS MARINE SERVICES CO. FZC.
P.O.BOX 41789, PLOT 2B-04,
HAMIRYAH FREE ZONE, PHASE 1,
SOLAS MARINE LANKA (PVT) LTD.
129, CARMEL MAWATHA,
WATTALA, SRI LANKA.